Welcome to Paden City!
Obediah Paden, a veteran of the Revolutionary War, first settled Paden City in 1796. Paden was a Quaker who came here from Lancaster County Pennsylvania, after immigrating from Padenburgh, Scotland. Paden purchased the land from Robert Woods for $1,333.
In 1903, a bank was founded and an auction of lots was held. Much of the land comprising Paden Valley was sold to a Pittsburgh land development interest that became known as the Paden Valley Land Company which became the Paden City Land Company in 1905. Paden City was incorporated in 1916 and the first municipal election was in 1917.
2012 All Rights Reserved City Of Paden City